Sunday, May 3, 2009

if wishes were horses


... then beggars would ride.

Or something like that.

So, I've turned another year older. One too many by the looks of my cake. I did manage to blow out all of those candles and make a wish. But I cant tell you what it is or it might not come true. And I hope, I hope, I hope it does.

The last year has been one of the best years of my life and I was said to bid it farewell. I think this coming year will be an adventure. To say the least.

I'm counting down the months until I move. It's approaching much too quickly.

I wish time would just slow down.

There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything I want to do. Or enough money. The classic conundrum.

I think time has run out on booking things for Europe. And my courage just didn't seem to measure up. I'm disappointed. In myself, in the circumstances, but mostly, in myself. I'm hoping that the next year will bring some bravery, too.

But! I do have some other fun trips planned instead. Just some short little trips. The new menu for the summer is: Wisconsin next weekend to visit my little sisters; Washington DC (hopefully, fingers crossed) in June; Georgia in June to see my brother graduate boot camp; and the Florida Keys in August right before I move for a couple days of rest and relaxation before the craziness sets in.

Europe's not going anywhere (I hope!) and it should still be there next year when I'm ready to go. In the mean time, I'll have a lot of other things to occupy my time and control the wanderlust.

No comments:

Post a Comment