Monday, June 22, 2009

newest obsessions

I have been accused of having a somewhat obsessive personality. I don't deny that, yes, I may have a slight tendancy to become... eager over belongings or foods to colors or anything of the like

Obsessive? Maybe.

Okay. Probably.

But only a little. And nothing dangerous (unless you count giant purses dangerous, which some might).

And so, in the spirit of my slightly obsessive personality, these are currently the things in my life that I have become obsessed with.

This awesome yellow airport bag* I picked up from Target for only $12.99.

*Y'all do know what an airport bag is, right? No? Just my own Megan-ism? Well, let me explain one of the great inventions of all time: the airport bag.

An airport bag, is, esentially, a large tote bag that one would use on a trip to carry all of their belongings through the airport. You know, because one requires a lot more things while going on a trip to the airport than they normally do on a day-to-day basis. I picked up this particular airport bag for my recent(ish) trip to Wisconsin. However, I personally use my aiport bag every single day of my life.

I tend to accumulate a lot of things.

There's probably some correlation between having a giant purse and carrying more things around. But, as a good psych major, I know that corrleation does not equal causation.



Besides, this bag is cute, fun, and perfect for summer. Especially in that bright, cheerful shade of yellow.

Yellow might just become my new pink.

Maybe. Though, I don't look good in yellow (the curse of being a fair-skinned blonde!) so only yellow accessories will have to do.

This bag is not only good for carrying around all the essentials one might need (ya know, water bottle, umbrealla, cell, keys, etc, etc) it's also stury enough to tote around all 12 pounds of War & Peace.

That's no small feat, I assure you. Neither is reading it. But that's another post, for another day.

This is my other new obsession: these awesome vintage-esque rainboots with little pink birds on them. So, they combine two obsessions into one awesome thing: birds and rainboots. These were another Target find. As soon as I saw them, I knew they had to be mine mine mine.


Of course, it's rained all of one time since I've had them. Um, hello, where's my rainy summer weather that I ordered?

I've also been made fun of by my best friend and a few others, but that doesn't stop me from loving these boots! Besides, I think it's just their jealousy shinning through.

Sometimes, you just need to make sacrifies for fashion.

2 comments:

  1. I HEART you!!! Target is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this was funny. I too have a handbag problem and have lots of rubber rain boots. My favorite pair is red with black spots and lady bug eyes that bulge out from the toe. Like your profile photo. Cute and novel composition.

    ReplyDelete