Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the very newest obsessions

I have mentioned before that I have a somewhat obsessive personality. I fall in love with things (not people - things) pretty quickly and it just takes off from there. These newest obsessions of mine are all things that help to make me happy. And during this time in my life, that is exactly what I need.

Yellow is the new pink. I am obsessed with the color - especially in the form of my new curtains.


yellow curtains are love

They make me happy every time I look at them.

Other new favorite colors include: gray which speaks to my melanchAlign Centeroly mood. Especially gray in the form of this cardigan from Old Navy.


melacholy

And blue. But not just any blue. The color-of-my-eyes blue. They are a gray-ish, teal-ish blue that I'm just starting to appreciate. I have long envied my brother's beautiful blue/green eyes, but I'm beginning to embrace my blue/gray eyes.

Other obsessions include: This song by Owl City. It makes me happy. My favorite lyrics are a soc hop beneath my bed / a disco ball is just hanging by a thread. They speak to happy memories with those two things: a soc hop and a disco ball.

Also, this show. And my new goal of seeing this musical. I am asking for tickets for Christmas, you should too.

Those are my happy obsessions. I'll take just about anything these days to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment