Tuesday, November 10, 2009

new york, new york

Oh, how I wish I was here:


Wanderlust strikes again!

I have the urge to stop life and take off to another city.

New York City in particular. No idea where the sudden urge came from. It's kind of like cravings. You don't know where they come from, but you just have to have it. I crave places like people crave chocolate. London, Thailand, and Belgium are the usual suspects for the places I crave. But currently, I'm craving New York. The people, the sights, the sounds, the hustle and bustle.

I'm trying to talk my best friend into going with me over [my month-long] Christmas break, but she's a bit more country than city. I want to see the big tree, go ice skating, see the snow, wear a winter coat, sip hot chocolate, and walk the streets aimlessly.

I suppose that's what dreams are for.

Especially when you're a poor graduate student.

Good thing New York will still be there next December, when I'm finished and have had even longer to talk my best friend into going with me.

Wait for me, New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment