Sunday, November 15, 2009

three months in

Today marks 3 months since I packed up my life and my cat and moved away from home.

boxesguard cat

I had to say goodbye to my friends; my family; my home. My life.

bffm k s

the tomster34/365

It marks three months since I struck out on my own. Three months since I got my first little apartment.

yellow curtains are love

... and made it my own little temporary home away from home. With bright yellow curtains, birds of all shapes and sizes, vintage maps, and things I've picked up from around the world.

the homestead 3the homestead 4

And of course, precious reminders of home.

the homestead 1

Today marks 3 months since this smalltown girl felt her heart drop at the skyline of the big city.

garage

I wish that I could say that it's been an amazing three months.

I cannot say that.

However. I can say that it's been a learning experience. A growing experience. A crash-course in adulthood, that is for sure.

And a crash-course in homesickness.

I've had to learn how to run a household. How to navigate big city living and traffic. How to balance school + work + a household. How to keep myself and my cat alive. How to quell my homesickness (well, that one I'm still working on).

I cant say that 3 months has changed me. It's made me grow, learn, experience. It's made me become more independent. Maybe 3 months in the big city has even hardened me a bit.

But what I can say without absolute certainity? The one thing I've learned in 3 months:

There's no place like home.

1 comment:

  1. I see that you haven't posted in a while. I hope all is well and you are still growing and challenging yourself!

    ReplyDelete