Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the longest goodbye: part two

stace

There are only a couple days left before the move and it still has yet to really hit me. Tonight really solidified that for me since I didn't even cry when I had to say goodbye to my best friend. It doesn't really even feel like goodbye to me. It's like I'll go into work Saturday and there she'll be.

Only. I wont be going into work Saturday. I'll be moving. I wont see my best friend. I'll be seeing a strangers instead.

I know that it's not forever, but sometimes it really feels that way. Late October is the only day I have on the books to come back home (for the So You Think You Can Dance Tour - woot woot; be jealous) which will be a whirlwind, less than 24 hour deal. At least I will be with my best friend (whose fault it was that I became addicted enough to SYTYCD to go to the tour). But right now, October seems so far away.

Tonight, we went to dinner:

chips wtf
explaininghappy chip
couple-y

We went back to their cute little house where we watched He's Just Not That Into You and proceeded to have a pretty awesome photo shoot with the three of us (+ Dan, Stacey's boyfriend and Phoenix, their dog).

get readygrrr
outtakeself-timer action group shot

And then I lingered, like I always do, over goodbye. It took me over two hours to finally get goodbye out and walk out the door. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty damn hard to walk away from them.

She's my best friend and to know that I have to go it alone, without her, is going to be ridiculously hard. There's no one to fall back on. There's no one to cry to. There's no one to come to when I'm in crisis or have the greatest story to share. There's no one to laugh with or force to go to sappy movies or fulfill my cravings of pie or queso or alfredo.

While I know 3.5 hours isn't that far, it certainly feels like it right now.

I left with promises of visits and declarations of love and luck.

And a heavy heart.

Goodbye's don't seem to be getting any easier. They seem to be getting harder, actually.

Especially when you tell your best friend goodbye. Even if it's only until October.

It still hurts like hell.

bff

No comments:

Post a Comment