Tuesday, August 4, 2009

making a list, checking it twice

boxes


I may have previously admitted that I have a somewhat obsessive personality. I'm relatively laid-back, so it's hard to admit to my Type A, perfectionist tendencies, however, one of my greatest pleasures in life just might be crossing things off my to-do lists.

And boy oh boy, the to-do list for this move seems to be growing rather than shortening. Over 2/3 of the items on the list have been crossed off, but what remains seems to be rather daunting. Packing is probably the worst item that remains. I did not realize that I had so much junk.

The only things I have packed so far are books (5 boxes!) and clothes/shoes. It's hard to pack clothes when one isn't sure what one will need in the next week and a half to wear. Especially when one is planning on going out to dinner multiple times and a couple of going away parties. And when that person happens to be the most indecisive dresser known to mankind.

While a lot of the tedious tasks on the lists have been crossed off, namely calling people to schedule pretty much everything off, I'm still daunted by the list that remains. Shopping, packing, confirming, etc.

I suppose no one ever said moving was suppose to be fun. I just didn't expect it to suck so damn much.

It makes it much harder that I only have a week and a half less but in the 11 days that are left until D-Day, I'm working 8 of 'em.

Slowly, but surely, the list will be completed in the next 11 days. Packing all my crap included, no matter how boring or time-consuming.

But I'd so much rather be planning dinner's out with my friends and family. Crossing off all of the goodbyes I'm meant to say in the next 11 days to those I love most.

Tomorrow starts the first round with my boss throwing me a going away party.

I'm thankful that electric lemonades will be plentiful to console my bruised heart and fraying nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment